Since the first contemporary e-cigarette was invented in 2003, vaping devices have advanced rapidly. It’s difficult to know where to begin with all the various vape equipment and e-liquid tastes available. Especially if you’re new to vaping. This article will help you choose the appropriate vaporizer. Vaping devices fall into 3 categories: Cig-A-Likes (First Generation), Vape Pens (Second Generation) and Mods (Third Generation).
You must had seen our last article about the first generation of vapes, so let’s talk about the second generation?
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT VAPES TYPES?
Vaping devices fall into 3 categories:
- Cig-A-Likes (First Generation)
- Vape Pens (Second Generation)
- Mods (Third Generation)
WHAT IS A VAPE PEN?
Vape pens are cylindrical in shape. In order to boost battery life and cloud creation, vape pens have grown in size. It was deemed groundbreaking when vape pens first came out in the mid-2000s because of its bigger batteries, microchips, and distinct atomizer (clearomizer). Today’s vape pens integrate some of the greatest advances in vaping technology. In the cannabis business, vape pens are used to vape flower, concentrates, and oils.
While some vape pens and e cigarettes have recently been reported to catch fire or explode. You may enjoy vaping with a vape pen if you take care of your batteries and get a good device.
Let’s have a look at the current vape pen anatomy!
- 10-second auto-shutoff (microchip)
- Coil (Sub-ohm or not)
- Battery meter
- Some airflow controls
- USB Charging Port
- An atomizer has numerous parts:
- Tip or mouthpiece?
- Tee (you can see the level of e-liquid in your tank)
- Coil (either sub-ohm coils or coils with higher resistance)
- Threading to the battery
Not all sub-ohm vape pens are presently available. Initially, vape pens did not employ sub-ohm coils since they were not commercially accessible.
WHICH VAPE PEN TYPES ARE AVAILABLE?
Today’s vape pens are quite different from those of the mid-2000s. As mentioned before, today’s vape pens contain third generation mod features to give older devices the power of modern vaping technology.
Let’s look at the many vape pens available today. Today’s vape pens have four major features:
- Voltage Change
- Fixed Voltage: Originally, all vape pens were fixed voltage. The device’s output voltage is fixed. There is no need to fiddle with the settings as it just has one choice, which is to press the button.
- Vape Carts: The most popular vape pen configuration nowadays does not offer variable voltage or temperature. It is also easier to use since there is only one button to push and the battery capacity and sub-ohm tanks are powerful enough to satisfy nicotine cravings. We’ll get into this further in the mod parts.
- Variable voltage allows you to customize your vaping experience. Older vape pens have variable voltage but weaker batteries. The ability to adjust the voltage may help to adjust the taste intensity, cloud generation, and throat impact.
- It is present in third generation devices and has been adapted into previous vape pens. This function is not available on all vape pens, however it automatically adjusts the power output based on the user’s selected temperature, avoiding dry hits.
COMMON VAPE PEN CHARACTERISTICS
Due to the adjustable airflow, vape pens may be used as MTL or DTL devices. DTL hits are frequent in sub-ohm and mod devices. DTL devices produce enormous clouds due to direct lung contact. The more open the airflow, the more direct the lung impact. Today’s vape pens include second and third generation characteristics.
Let us examine some typical features of vape pens on the market.
Often suggested as a perfect beginner kit by vapers because to its high performance and ease of use
1.8 ml – 5 ml
Coils: resistance varies from 0.15 ohm to 2.5 ohm.
0 mg, 3 mg, 6 mg, and 12 mg
A microchip within the gadget prevents you from being struck for more than 10 seconds. This prevents overheating your battery.
Battery Power: 650-3000 mAh
Wattage: under 80 W
DO YOU LIKE VAPE PENS?
- Not as portable as cig-a-likes
- Sizes and colors available
- Good cloud production
The flavor is stronger than cig-a-likes.
Select MTL or DTL hit by changing intake airflow
- Shorter than box mods but longer than cig-a-likes
- More e-juice Equals more refills
- Device concerns including small leaks or battery difficulties might occur.
Vape pens are cheaper and provide a better vaping experience than cig-a-likes. If you’re looking to buy your first vape, vape pens provide the best value in terms of taste, cloud generation, and nicotine delivery.
Here we explained everything about the second generation of vaporizers, the cig-a-like. Keep updated in our blog to know more about the third generation of vapes that we will be publishing soon and feel our guest to take a look at the post we spoke about the first generation. Happy vaping!